Re: preliminary Linux support

Questions about the BASICtools and MakeItC
basicchip

Post by basicchip » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:15 am

This has been updated at Linux 2018

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1123

====================past history========================================

OK changed the bruce in the install script to $USER -- I thought I caught them all

and did a cd ~/Coridium in that sh script

as for the Tcl running here on mine, what version of wish is that? The error you are seeing is on the definition of a background color in tk
I developed this in version 8.4, and so far everything is the same in 8.5 and 8.6

basicchip

Post by basicchip » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:20 am

Looks like those options exist in all but the earliest versions of Tcl (so 7.6 and later should be OK)

As for MakeItC, I am not going there. So far no one has requested that.

basicchip

Post by basicchip » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:28 am

You will get more useful debug information by running wish from the command line

wish
cd /usr/local/bin/Coridium
source BASICtools.tcl

basicchip

Post by basicchip » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:14 pm

OK downloaded the live version of Q4OS onto a CD, booted from that

BUT wasn't watching when it booted, it started the Q4OS load, but ended up coming up in Ubuntu when I wasn't looking. So I did a full install of Q4OS on an old machine

Seems like Q4OS did not unpack the tar.gz file correctly. Have no idea what is up with that. I will manually copy the files over

OK copied most things by hand, had to chmod +x to BASICtools, installBASIC.sh bpp ARMbasic

I can launch BASICtools from the Konsole, and BASICtools window comes up fine, but no ttyusb devices found, still need an FTDI driver.

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:29 pm

Okay - thanks for trying the q4os - I've had a few other 'things' with it.
Will switch to pure Ubuntu - I want to be mainstream and not cause you a lot of 'finicky fixes"
Thanks Bruce

'
'
i did an ' lsusb ' command in console and came up with an FTDI device
[had a Basic Board' connected -- not the Cor-dongle

basicchip

Post by basicchip » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:37 pm

Don't jump ship to Ubuntu yet, Q4OS on this old machine is WAY faster than Ubuntu. The user interface is much like Win7 or XP can't remember which.

AND for me after rebooting (forgot to follow my own directions to add to the dialout group) it seems to be working.

Getting confused over root vs default adminq users, I've run into this before, but don't have time to chase it down right now, it is not executing the bpp

basicchip

Post by basicchip » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:13 pm

I do really like the speed of Q4OS, as Ubuntu was a dog on the machine I had even though it was fairly new and has 3G of memory.

I installed Wine, and then ran setupC.exe and setupBASIC.exe. And they install normally while they are Windows programs, but right now I don't see the ttyusb. Most likely I have to alias that somehow or change the serial detect code in the Tcl.

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:51 pm

There is a symlink that is needed to be created in the Wine 'devices' folder. I had to create one for the FTDI dongle as a 'ttyUSBx' IIRC, and then a 'ttyACM' [or something xxxACM' for the mbed-type of interface (mass storage or .....). Internet also suggested to start notepad.exe first - so that Wine will stay 'on' instead of timing out and aborting the I/O search - you know - starting Notepad++ might be a better choice - you almost always end up using it ;) -- yeah, using Wine is/seems the easiest to use.....but the challenge!!!
Olzeke51 - being retired I have a little more time - for the time being.

basicchip

Post by basicchip » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:10 pm

olzeke51 wrote:.but the challenge!!!
Well start playing with the Tcl source

It all has to do with the execution of bpp and ARMbasic from Tcl. Something about the file system setup or paths is wrong for the way I am doing for Q4OS

It is only really a small part of the code. As Tcl is an interpreter so it is pretty easy to debug, though the syntax is kind of goofy

All the pieces are there, maybe for Q4OS some kind of an application can be put together.

olzeke51

Post by olzeke51 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:40 pm

challenge accepted [but may not be completed- warning]
okay
can I get 32-bit versions of ARMbasic and bpp???
here is my info on the bpp:
olzeke51@q4compaq:~/Coridium$ file -p bpp
bpp: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=356a......., not stripped
olzeke51@q4compaq:~/Coridium$
'
'
error04 - 'firefox' is the scripted browser - I put in my own browser name
'
Later 'gator
Gary
Attachments
error04_resolution.txt
(213 Bytes) Downloaded 144 times